Kappa Bioscience
The perfect pair

Vitamins D3 & K2 work synergistically for bone and heart health.


We all already know D3+K2, the Perfect Pair and super formulation, is in demand. But do you know you can join us and successfully launch your product in your desired territory and market segment, faster and better? Contact us to become the "PERFECT PAIR" for your new product!


Play video

By clicking "Continue", data will be transmitted to the respective provider and you agree to our privacy policy.
Continue

Please click here to activate the video. After activation, data will be transmitted to the respective provider and you agree to our privacy policy.


The Perfect Pair supports the benefits of calcium for bone health and lowers the risk of arterial calcification for the maintenance of cardiovascular health. With vitamin D3 and K2VITAL®, 1+1 equals 3.


Play video

By clicking "Continue", data will be transmitted to the respective provider and you agree to our privacy policy.
Continue

Please click here to activate the video. After activation, data will be transmitted to the respective provider and you agree to our privacy policy.


D3 + K2 synergy is scientifically proven

 

Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, with about 99% of it occurring in bones and teeth where it serves as a major structural element. The remaining 1% is found in the blood and soft tissues.

Vitamin D3 increases Calcium absorption in the intestines. Vitamin D3 activates the expression of the calcium-binding proteins osteocalcin and matrix Gla protein (MGP). These proteins are, however, synthesised in an inactive form.

Vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin and MGP through carboxylation. If intakes of vitamin K2 are inadequate, osteocalcin and MGP will remain inactive. This affects both calcium integration to build bones, and its deposition into the vascular system, which can have harmful effects.

Please click here to activate the video. After activation, data will be transmitted to the respective provider and you agree to our privacy policy.

The Perfect Pair: Vitamins K2 and D3

Vitamins K2 and D3 are biologically the 'Perfect Pair' for bone health


Play video

By clicking "Continue", data will be transmitted to the respective provider and you agree to our privacy policy.
Continue

Vitamin D3 and K2 together increase the expression and accumulation of osteocalcin in the bone matrix. Once carboxylated by vitamin K2, osteocalcin is active and can incorporate calcium into the bones. The Perfect Pair is the best solution to effectively improve your bone mineral density.

Vitamin D3 increases the expression of Matrix Gla protein (MGP), which then relies on vitamin K2 for its activation. MGP is one of the strongest inhibitors of vascular calcification. Studies on the effect of K2 MK-7 demonstrate a significant reduction in arterial stiffness and slower progression of calcification, two key parameters for cardiovascular health.

Consumers understand the benefits

High probability of success: In benchmark testing, "The Perfect Pair" outperformed the category and concept averages for well-established supplements such as calcium and D3.

The small amounts of required vitamins D3 and K2, within the microgram range, make it easy for manufacturers to include them in any kind of formulation. As awareness about the vital role of K2 grows, formulations targeting bone health that would not include this vitamin will increasingly look inconsistent. Progressively, the educated consumer is switching for more complete compositions, offering all the nutrients necessary for the intended effect.


  • LookBook
  • Science Papers
  • Factsheets

Download LookBook

The K2 Formulations LookBook, now in its fifth edition, defines over 150 ready-to-launch bone health, heart health and multivitamin K2 product concepts. The LookBook is designed to shorten the product development cycle, from months to weeks or days.

Download LookBook

Bone Health

More information


Customer Download Portal

Sign up | Reset password

Sales and Marketing
Kappa Ingredients GmbH
Friesenweg 4 | Building 13 | 22763 Hamburg
Germany

Headquarter
Kappa Bioscience AS
Silurveien 2 | Building B | 0380 Oslo
Norway

+49 40 6094087 0